Thursday, January 12, 2006

Odd Music

Well, cruising in South Florida tonight, top down, blasting some music....

At one point, some Gypsy (Roma) Brass Band music came on my iPod, which elicted an interesting reaction from my father, who proclaimed it "wierd."

Now, I won't do this very often (in other words, my readership is far too small to support an "open thread") but what is the oddest item in your music collection? I'm not talking guilty pleasure - I mean, what is something that doesn't belong????

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristian Twombly said...

Haha - for you, Mike, Capt Beefheart is normal!

1/15/2006 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite part of Trout Mask Replica are the asterisks indicating that on these tracks Captain Beefheart plays alto and tenor (or maybe it's soprano)saxophones simultaneously. Also on Bongo Fury when Zappa introduces the band, including C.B. on "plastic bags and insanity."
I have a couple CDs from former students who wanted me to comment on their songs, which don't exactly fit with most of my CD collection... then there's Waylon Jennings' Super Hits which I picked up for free.

1/31/2006 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Web Counter