Monday, September 25, 2006

Sonic Event's first podcast!

So I suppose it is time that Sonic Event join the 20th Century and begin podcasting! (joke intended BTW). A few notes before I get to the good stuff. A word of advice for aspiring podcasters: think of something worthwhile to say! It took me a long time to feel like I had something even slightly meaningful to say, and then when I listened to the result I must admit that I was underwhelmed with my effort. Oh, well - only up from here!

Equipment used:

Apple PowerBook G4 (built in mic)

Software:

Audacity
Odeo

While I like Odeo and it's philosophy (and design elements) I find it not quite as elegant as those options on Word Press, but since Sonic Event is a Blogger blog my options are somewhat limited. Odeo does offer quite a few different players and also has a web-based recording interface for those that don't want to fiddle with an audio editor (even a simple one like Audacity).

Here it is! I hope you enjoy it! Please comment.


powered by ODEO

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too often people forget that media are not passive. We concentrate on the archival concern when adaptation should also be considered. Beyond the relatively simple question of the appropriate medium for documentation, lies the problem of accurately preserving the ideology and aesthetics of the original event. Is it better if the documentation can be the art rather than only representing it?

10/07/2006 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Web Counter